The nonprofit Lung Care Alliance honors those treatment centers that provide clear information, comply with up-to-date standards, work as a team and refer smokers to cessation programs.
“We are proud to work with Kennedy as a Lung Cancer Alliance Screening Center of Excellence,” alliance CEO and President Laurie Fenton Ambrose said in a statement. “Kennedy’s commitment to practice responsible lung cancer screening will lead to advancements in research, helping save many lives.”
There are only nine Centers of Excellence in New Jersey, and a little over 350 nationwide. Kennedy joins:
· Atlantic Medical Imaging, Galloway;
· CentraState Medical Center, Freehold;
· Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack;
· Inspira Health Network, Vineland;
· Inspira Medical Center Woodbury, Woodbury;
· The Lung Cancer Institute at Saint Barnabas Medical Center, West Orange;
· Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset, Somerville;
· Saint Peter’s University Hospital, New Brunswick.