Here are brief bios of the new members, and of those returning to the board.
- Mary Beth Berry – Clinton Transition services/ grant writing, Hunterdon Preparatory School, 2017; special education teacher, North Hunterdon-Voorhees Regional School District, 1989-1994
- Mary Elizabeth Gazi – Bound Brook Partner, Dughi, Hewit & Domalewski, P.C., 2013-present
- Kathy Goldenberg – Moorestown President, Moorestown Township Public Schools board of education, 2015-2017; member, 2007-17
- Nedd James Johnson – Pittsgrove Adjunct elementary education instructor for field supervision, Rowan University College of Education, 2017-present; assistant superintendent, Bridgeton Public Schools, 2011-2016
- Joseph Ricca Jr. – Morristown Superintendent, White Plains (NY) city school district, 2017; superintendent, East Hanover (NJ) school district, 2009-2013
- Sylvia Sylvia-Cioffi – Ocean President, Township of Ocean board of education, 2014-2017
- Arcelio Aponte (president) – Piscataway First appointed 2005; vice provost for finance and administration, Rutgers University–Newark; president, state board of education, 2010-2014
- Andrew J. Mulvihill (vice president) – Andover First appointed 2011; CEO, Crystal Springs and Mountain Creek Real Estate Division; owner, Mountain Resort Properties
- Ronald K. Butcher – Glassboro First appointed 1990; state board president, 2007-2008; retired faculty and administrator, Rowan University
- Jack Fornaro – Oxford First appointed 2011; director, constituent relations, New Jersey Legislature, 1999 –present; member, New Jersey State Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling, 2004 –2010
- Edithe Fulton – Toms River First appointed 2007; former president, New Jersey Education Association
- Ernest P. Lepore – West New York First appointed 2004; director, Rutgers Center for Cognitive Science; professor, Rutgers University Department of Philosophy
For Mooney’s full story, click here.