· Be deposited in a public access compliant repository designated by NSF;
· Be available for download, reading and analysis free of charge no later than 12 months after initial publication;
· Possess a minimum set of machine-readable metadata elements in a metadata record to be made available free of charge upon initial publication;
· Be managed to ensure long-term preservation; and
· Be reported in annual and final reports during the period of the award with a persistent identifier that provides links to the full text of the publication as well as other metadata elements.
For more information: http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_reports/public_access/index.jsp?WT.mc_id=USNSF_51