This year, the list includes 51 schools from New Jersey, including three in the Top 10 and nine in the Top 25.
The report has the Academy for Math, Science and Engineering, which is located in Rockaway, ranking the highest in the state and second nationally. The second-highest ranking school in New Jersey, and fourth nationally, is Union County Magnet High School in Scotch Plains.
Here’s a list of the New Jersey schools that ranked within the Top 50 nationally, with their ranking nationally:
- Academy for Math, Science and Engineering, Rockaway (2)
- Union County Magnet High School, Scotch Plains (4)
- Middlesex County Academy for Science, Math, & Engineering Technology, Edison (10)
- Bergen County Academies, Hackensack (11)
- Academy of Allied Health and Science, Neptune (12)
- Biotechnology High School, Freehold (14)
- High Technology High School, Lincroft (20)
- Academy for Allied Health Sciences, Scotch Plains (21)
- Academy for Information Technology, Scotch Plains (23)
- Communications High School, Wall (27)
- Middlesex County Academy for Allied Health & Biomedical Sciences, Woodbridge (31)
- Chatham High School, Chatham (40)
- Bergen County Technical High School – Teterboro, Teterboro (41)
For the high schools, the companies created a college readiness index based on six indicators: the ratio of students to counselor FTE; changes in 9th and 12th-grade student enrollment rates (referred to as holding power); high school graduation rates; a weighted SAT/ACT composite score; a weighted AP/IB/dual enrollment composite score; and the percentage of students enrolling in college.
For Sheldon’s full story, click here.