- Input from stakeholders, and a review of New Jersey’s strengths and weaknesses;
- Assessments of key criteria for an Innovation Economy and goal-setting;
- Opportunities for coordination between government, business, and academia, including state-sponsored events and networking programs;
- Policy initiatives to support STEM education and job training as well as start-ups and incubators;
- Ideas for developing thriving and connected urban areas; and
- Commitments to inclusive growth for under-resourced and under-represented residents.
Governor Phil Murphy Instructs Jobs and Economic Opportunity Council to Develop Innovation Economy Strategic Plan
Hoboken, NJ - Governor Phil Murphy today announced he is directing the Jobs and Economic Opportunity Council to create a Strategic Plan for reclaiming New Jersey’s innovation economy. The Governor made the announcement during his visit to the 2018 Propelify Innovation Festival held in Hoboken. “As we move forward in implementing our vision for New Jersey’s economic future, a critical component is our ability to recapture New Jersey’s dominance in the innovation economy,” said Governor Phil Murphy. “Today, I am asking the Jobs and Economic Opportunity Council to develop a comprehensive, coordinated strategic plan to ensure that New Jersey welcomes cutting-edge research, risk-taking entrepreneurs, and forward-thinking businesses, and to provide a framework for inter-departmental cooperation in support of this administration’s innovation agenda.”
The development of the Strategic Plan will include:
Do not miss a single innovative moment and sign up for our newsletter!