- More than 1,500 clinical trials testing over 500 unique therapies & more than 30 vaccines for COVID-19.
- Curing more than 90% of patients with hepatitis C, avoiding cases of liver failure and transplants.
- Changing how we diagnose and treat many patients with the advancement of personalized medicine.
- Transforming HIV/AIDS into a chronic and manageable disease, with an 88% decline in death rates in the United States.
- Harnessing the immune system to fight cancer in completely new ways. The cancer death rate peaking at its highs in the 1990’s has declined 29% thanks in part to innovative medicines.
The current U.S. policy framework supports a unique interdependent research community that encourages public-private collaboration and incentivizes investment. This American innovation ecosystem must be preserved, especially as researchers work tirelessly to develop ways to diagnose, prevent and treat COVID-19.
We look forward to having meaningful conversations with members of Congress to discuss the highly successful U.S. biopharmaceutical research ecosystem and ensure it can continue to yield breakthrough advancements for patients. Learn more about America’s innovative biopharmaceutical ecosystem here.