- Simple, streamlined deposit of research outputs via an easy-to-use wizard
- Support for over 50 resource types including journal articles, conference papers, book chapters, datasets, audiovisual media, patents, and creative works
- Automated capture of metadata from major scholarly publishers and indexes
- Automatic DOI registration for persistent identification and access
- Powerful analytics for tracking and measuring research impact
- A robust global infrastructure to ensure reliable and continuous availability
Additional enhancements are planned over the course of the next year that will augment SOAR’s ability to capture publication data and provide a more complete picture of research activity at the university.
Rutgers faculty are invited to archive their work in SOAR to ensure long-term preservation and public access. Depositing your work in SOAR:
- Makes it openly accessible to researchers and scholars around the world
- Allows it to be discoverable by search engines such as Google and Google Scholar
- Preserves it on a secure server with a persistent URL to ensure permanent access
- Helps fulfill funder and institutional mandates regarding open access
For more information about open access or archiving your scholarship in SOAR, visit soar.libraries.rutgers.edu.