After at least 106 one-on-one conversations with member companies, extensive strategic planning sessions, a broad membership survey and several focus groups, BIO outlined the new direction through
- a new mission – to drive a bio revolution through education, collaboration, and advocacy,
- a new purpose – to cure patients, protect our climate and to nourish humanity; and
- a new vision – a world of rapid biotech innovation that is equitably harnessed for health, sustainability and justice.
- Be a voice of science and for science.
- Unite and empower biotech innovators and their ecosystem to improve lives.
- Remove barriers to innovation.
- Champion broad access to biotech breakthroughs and scientific quality.
- Catalyze resilient and sustainable bio-based economies.