For details: https://www.usinnovation.org/state/pdf_cvd/ASTRA-STEM-on-the-Hill-NewJersey2019.pdf
Key features of the 2019 State STEM & Innovation Reports include:
- Ranking of States by 9 Key Innovation Metrics (page 2);
- The Top 20 Industry Sectors for each state according to the concept of Location Quotient (LQ) — which provides strategic insight into a State’s special strengths in terms of economic and workforce potential (page 3);
- The Top 40 STEM Job Occupations projected for each state between 2018 and 2028 (page 4);
- Key economic characteristics (page 2 and 5);
- How the SBIR / STTR program keeps America secure and growing (page 6); and
- Addressing geographic imbalance — EPSCoR / IDeA program (page 7).
- Focus on Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) (page 8)
The ASTRA State STEM & Innovation Report Cards are the single best source for understanding each state’s outstanding qualities and capacities. ASTRA's “Innovation X-Ray” also helps inform policy debates with specific and the most current data about federal funding, local economies, and workforce development.
Please share these STEM Report Cards with elected representatives, community leaders and others concerned about technology-based economic development and a stronger society. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact ASTRA’s Dr. Robert Boege at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.