“Insights from experienced professionals about the intersectionality of societal, organizational and individual challenges as well as the search for their solutions will benefit the entire ecosystem,” said Raja Roy, assistant professor at NJIT’s Martin Tuchman School of Management and co-organizer of the event. “TEDxNJIT brings speakers that will address these challenges at all levels and help reveal paths forward to guide public policy makers, business leaders, entrepreneurs and motivated citizens.”
- Dr. Deirdre Letson-Christofalo, head of Human Capital Management Division of New Jersey Innovation Institute (NJII)
- Dan Seewald, founder and CEO of Deliberate Innovation
- Jennifer D'Angelo, head of Healthcare Division, NJII
- Ken Goodwin, senior managing principal & president, Jeanensis Capital Markets
- LeShannon Wright, founder & CEO, Turning Tulips
- Linda Schwimmer, president and CEO, New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute
- Louis Wells, NJIT senior lecturer, Theatre Arts and Technology Program and director, The Center for Applied Improvisation and Theater
- Namas Chandra, distinguished professor, NJIT Biomedical Engineering Department
About TEDx, where x = independently organized
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading, often in the form of short talks delivered by leading thinkers and doers. Many of these talks are given at TED conferences, intimate TED Salons and thousands of independently organized TEDx events around the world. Videos of these talks are made available, free, on TED.com and other platforms. Audio versions of TED Talks are published to TED Talks Daily, available on all podcast platforms.
TED's open and free initiatives for spreading ideas include TED.com, where new TED Talk videos are posted daily; TEDx, which licenses thousands of individuals and groups to host local, self-organized TED-style events around the world; the TED Fellows program, which selects innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities; The Audacious Project, which surfaces and funds critical ideas that have the potential to impact millions of lives; TED Translate, which crowdsources the subtitling of TED Talks so that big ideas can spread across languages and borders; and the educational initiative TED-Ed. TED also offers TED@Work, a program that reimagines TED Talks for workplace learning. TED also has a growing library of original podcasts, including The TED Interview with Chris Anderson, WorkLife with Adam Grant, Pindrop and TEDxSHORTS. Follow TED on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and on LinkedIn.