· Myth #1 Pharmaceutical companies exaggerate the costs of developing new medicines to justify high prices.
· Myth #2 Industry does not develop most new medicines; they come from government and university laboratories.
· Myth #3 Prescription medicines are the main driver of health-care cost increases.
· Myth #4 Public and private health-care payers must accept and pay whatever prices drug companies charge for medicines.
· Myth #5 Government-controlled pricing of medicines in other countries explains their lower health-care costs.
For the full article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnlechleiter/2015/05/19/debunking-the-five-big-myths-about-big-pharma/2/