Figure 1 shows the variation in high-tech sector employment across metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs). Each point on the map conveys:
- Total employment in the high-tech sector. The bigger the dot, the higher the employment.
- The intensity of high-tech employment as a share of total employment. The darker the points, the higher the share.
The metropolitan statistical areas (MSAS) shown in the map account for 94% of high-tech employment, with the remaining 6% in micropolitan and nonmetro areas.
For details: https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2023/02/where-in-the-united-states-are-the-high-tech-jobs.html?utm_campaign=20230214msacos1ccstors&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery