The following is just a brief sampling of some of the recently-approved plans’ elements. More information from each state is available on the department’s website.
- Promotes a skilled workforce through its “Be Pro Be Proud” initiative, a hands-on experience with skilled professionals demonstrating jobs across the state.
- Introduces a CTE program for Unmanned Aerial Systems for students to earn industry-recognized commercial drone pilot credentials, as well as credentials for building, repairing, and flying drones.
- Expands apprenticeship training opportunities and promotes career readiness and workforce opportunities for students and working adults.
- Provides training in advanced manufacturing to any soldier in the U.S. Army who is transitioning to civilian life.
- Offers an associate degree and/or certificate for adult learners through its Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship program in in-demand career fields.
- Prepares students for highly skilled jobs in technology, manufacturing, healthcare and finance through its P-TECH model, a public-private partnership that provides opportunities to earn dual credit and learn professional workplace skills.
- Promotes innovation in CTE programs aligned to high-skill, high-wage, or in-demand industry sectors through a competitive grant process.
- Ensures access to CTE in rural areas by promoting regional-level partnerships among secondary and postsecondary educators and business employers.