NJ Makers Day festivities run from 10 am to 4 pm at over 135 locations throughout NJ. An inaugural kickoff event will be held at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) in Newark where speeches by NJ state dignitaries will be presented. A special videotaped message from Senator Cory Booker will also be shown. These proceedings will be streamed live and may be viewed by everyone.
To join the festivities throughout New Jersey and learn more about NJ Makers Day 2015, go to: www.njmakersday.org
Let's make something -- together!
NJ Makers Day is brought to you by the Piscataway, Hillsdale and Gloucester County Public Libraries, the Middlesex County Workforce Investment Board (http://www.co.middlesex.nj.us/Government/Departments/BDE/Pages/WDWIB.aspx), LibraryLinkNJ (www.librarylinknj.org), the Small Business Development Corporation (www.business.rutgers.edu/njsbdcnb) and the M-NJ Talent Network (www.manufacturenj.org).
Goal and Objectives for NJ Makers Day
Goal: To enhance community engagement and develop connections among New Jersey residents by collaborating with multi-type libraries, museums, small businesses and others to promote and explore new opportunities for entrepreneurship, innovation and hands-on learning experiences.
1. Celebrate the culture of making in New Jersey
2. Foster collaboration between makers and makerspaces across New Jersey
3. Host a program/event on the same day at all participating New Jersey makerspaces
4. Promote the role of NJ libraries in supporting makers and maker culture throughout the state
5. Schedule at least one event in every county in New Jersey
6. Contract with vendors based in New Jersey whenever possible
7. Create projects with low or no barriers of access, including one or two statewide projects live streamed
8. Create a Google Map of makers and makerspaces in New Jersey