The event recognized and celebrated “technology companies in the region for their accomplishments in leadership, collaboration and innovation.”
Tech Council CEO and President Jim Barrood said, “This is our celebration.” “A celebration of everything that makes our community so amazing,” he added.
Barrood also unveiled the new logo for the Tech Council, with an emerged “N” and “J” in the design along with two end nodes of the circuit. Barrood said it symbolized all the connections the council fosters between companies, universities, talent and policy makers.”
Recognized at the event for contributions to technology in 2016 were:
- Admera Health, Trailblazer Award;
- Princeton Identity, Outstanding Technology Development Award;
- LG Electronics, Consumer Product Award;
- Chromocell, Beacon of Light Award;
- Tripod, Rising Star Award;
- Lumeta, Innovative Technology Company Award;
- iCIMS, Impact Company of the Year Award;
- Andrew Gilbert of DLA Piper, Legend of Technology Award;
- Kean University, Knowledge is Power Award;
- Avaap, Private Company of the Year Award;
- Celgene, Public Company of the Year Award;
- Juniper, Master Technology of the Year Award;
- Donald Katz of Audible, Martinson-Ballen Technology Supporter Award.
For more information on the Tech Council, see NJBIZ’s coverage of the council’s 20th anniversary.
Follow Sheldon on Twitter at @SheldonAndrewJ.