According to the report: “Together, NJPRO, INJ and its members have worked to implement the recommendations prescribed in the Building Bridges reports, leading the charge to break down silos and create a new culture of collaboration. In the past five years, New Jersey’s innovation ecosystem has seen progress in six major areas:
- Improving the management and marketing of its higher education resources,
- Enhancing the culture of collaboration among the state’s institutions of higher education,
- Investing in building out its innovation ecosystem infrastructure,
- Strengthening its Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) workforce pipeline,
- Creating additional support programs and opportunities for entrepreneurs, and
- Improving its ability to attract federal funding.
For the full report: http://njprofoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/innoeco.pdf
The New Jersey Policy Research Organization (NJPRO) Foundation is an independent public policy research affiliate of the New Jersey Business & Industry Association. NJPRO produces innovative, timely and practical research. NJPRO is New Jersey’s leading policy organization conducting research on behalf of New Jersey employers. Governed by an independent Board of Trustees, NJPRO is a nonpartisan, tax-exempt organization. NJPRO depends on the support of companies, individuals and foundations for its income.