Cancer Institute physicians on this year’s list are also faculty members at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and practice at the Cancer Institute’s Flagship Hospital Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. Those named to the 2015 list are:
· Joseph Aisner, MD, Co-Director, Lung Cancer/Thoracic Oncology Program; specialty: lung cancer
· David A. August, MD, Section Chief, Gastrointestinal Surgical Oncology; specialty: gastrointestinal malignancies
· Robert S. DiPaola, MD, Director; specialty: prostate cancer
· Richard Drachtman, MD, Section Chief, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology; specialty: pediatric cancers and blood disorders
· Bruce G. Haffty, MD, Chair, Radiation Oncology; specialty: breast cancer
· Howard L. Kaufman, MD, FACS, Associate Director for Clinical Science and Chief Surgical Officer; specialty: melanoma
· Roger Strair, MD, PhD, Chief, Hematologic Malignancies and Blood and Marrow Transplantation; specialty: leukemia and lymphoma
· Deborah L. Toppmeyer, MD, Chief Medical Officer, and Director Stacy Goldstein Breast Cancer Center and the LIFE Center; specialty: breast cancer
· Robert E. Weiss, MD, urologic oncologist; specialty: urologic cancers
A full listing of ‘Top Doctors’ can be found at: http://www.newsweek.com/top-cancer-doctors-2015?page=59&group=state. Full profiles of Cancer Institute doctors named to the list can also be found at http://www.cinj.org/physician/index.php.
About Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey (www.cinj.org) is the state’s first and only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. As part of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, the Cancer Institute of New Jersey is dedicated to improving the detection, treatment and care of patients with cancer, and to serving as an education resource for cancer prevention. Physician-scientists at the Cancer Institute engage in translational research, transforming their laboratory discoveries into clinical practice, quite literally bringing research to life. To make a tax-deductible gift to support the Cancer Institute of New Jersey, call 848-932-3637 or visit www.cinj.org/giving. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheCINJ.
The Cancer Institute of New Jersey Network is comprised of hospitals throughout the state and provides the highest quality cancer care and rapid dissemination of important discoveries into the community. Flagship Hospital: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. System Partner: Meridian Health (Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Ocean Medical Center, Riverview Medical Center, Southern Ocean Medical Center, and Bayshore Community Hospital). Major Clinical Research Affiliate Hospitals: Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Morristown Medical Center and Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Overlook Medical Center. Affiliate Hospitals: JFK Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton (CINJ Hamilton), and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset.