The stellar lineup of speakers dove into the issues and considerations that need to be addressed along the development continuum, including raising capital, pricing, post-launch and politics.
“Because Patients Can’t WaitSM, bringing new treatments and drugs to the Patients who need them is always at the heart of our programs,” said BioNJ President and CEO Debbie Hart.
“And, this year’s CEO Summit reflected that by facilitating vital conversations that need to happen to ensure ongoing medical innovation,” Hart continued. “Today’s environment is increasingly complex and the uncertainty of the election makes it even more ominous.”
“A special thank you to our committed volunteer committee chaired by BioNJ Board Member Al Altomari of Agile Therapeutics and Jan Campbell of Korn Ferry, and our insightful friends at McKinsey & Company who played an integral role in building this year’s program,” added Hart.
During his Keynote address, Mr. Greenwood introduced ” Innovation Saves,” BIO’s multi-media campaign focused on biopharmaceutical innovation and its’ unique ability to help save lives and money.
He rounded out his Keynote with a fireside chat led by Hart on his predictions on the 2016 Presidential Race and its impact on future medical innovation, access and pricing.
The diverse roster of speakers included:
- Murray Aitken, Sr.Vice President & Executive Director, IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics
- Meg Alexander, Head, Issues Management Practice, inVentiv Health
- Mark J. Alles, CEO, Celgene Corporation
- Fedora Baloiu, Head of the Biopharmaceutical Practice, Houlihan Lokey’s Healthcare Group
- Geert Cauwenbergh, Ph.D., Med. Sc., CEO, RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Brett Davis, Principal, Deloitte Consulting & General Manager, ConvergeHEALTH
- James Greenwood, President & CEO, Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
- Robert Goldberg, Ph.D., Vice President and Co-Founder, Center for Medicine in the Public Interest
- Sam Hall, Ph.D., Principal, Apple Tree Partners
- Karin Hehenberger, M.D., Ph.D., Founder, Chairman & CEO, LYFEBULB
- Jesper Høiland, Executive Vice President, U.S., Novo Nordisk
- Lindsay McKenna, Ph.D., Associate Principal, McKinsey & Company
- Daniel O’Connor, President, CEO & Director, Advaxis
- Stelios Papadopoulos, Ph.D., Chairman, Biogen
- Linda Pissott Reig, Esq., Shareholder, Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney PC
- Carlo Rizzuto, Ph.D., Partner, Versant Ventures
- David Schwartz, Partner, DLA Piper
- Susan Shiff, Ph.D., Sr. Vice President & Head of the Center for Observational & Real World Evidence, Merck & Co.
- Jeffrey Stoll, Ph.D., Vice President, EY
- BJ Tevelow, M.D., Sr. Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Harry J. Travis, President & CEO, eTect, Inc., & Former Vice President, Aetna Specialty & Home Delivery Pharmacy
- Robert Ward, President & CEO, Radius Health
- Dieter Weinand, Member of the Board of Management of Bayer AG, President Pharmaceuticals & Chairman of the Board of Management of Bayer Pharma AG
Please visit www.BioNJ.org to learn about BioNJ’s upcoming events, including its inaugural Patient Advocacy Summit on November 4 at Celgene, the Second Annual Inspiring Women in STEM Conference on December 2 at Sanofi and our first-ever Value of Medical Innovation Workshop on December 8 and Amicus Therapeutics.
BioNJ, The Gateway to Health, is a network of more than 400 Members representing research-based life sciences companies and stakeholders dedicated to propelling a vibrant ecosystem where Science is Supported, Companies are Created, Drugs are Developed and Patients are Paramount.
Because Patients Can’t WaitSM, BioNJ supports its Members in the discovery, development and commercialization of therapies and cures that save and improve lives and lessen the burden of illness and disease to society by driving capital formation, fostering entrepreneurship, advocating for public policies that advance medical innovation, providing access to talent and education and offering a cost-saving array of critical commercial resources.
For more information about BioNJ, please visit www.BioNJ.org.