The directorate is open to a broad range of potential partners, from technology developers and innovators creating ideas in their garages, to small businesses and large corporations and has issued a guide detailing the ways partners can work with the agency.
Industry Guide: R&D Investment Priorities and Business Opportunities 2017 includes a table providing an overview of the R&D investment outlook for the types of technologies and capabilities DHS anticipates will address current homeland security needs.
The directorate plans to invest portions of the R&D and innovation funds during fiscal years 2018-20121 in the following technical categories:
- Sensors, detection devices and screening systems;
- Data exploitation, pattern recognition and analysis;
- Communication systems and networks;
- Cyber and IT monitoring, vetting, security assurance;
- Robotics and autonomous systems;
- Modeling and simulation; and,
- Biometrics collection and utilization.
Anyone having products in the near-market or prototype stage that relate to these categories and are interested in seeking a partnership with the S&T directorate can reach the industry liaison at SandT.Innovation@hq.dhs.gov.